please visit our FACEBOOK Page
are in new territory with New York ordering the closing of all
restaurants during the current health crisis. We have not been
given a date when we are allowed to reopen. As Lynn &
I live here on the property, we have decided to use this time to make
improvements, develop new menu items and ideas, and stay in touch with
our loyal customers and our upcoming brides & grooms as the
scene changes on a day-to-day or even hour-by-hour basis.
We remain available to meet and show the Castle to anyone who would like
to plan an event in the future. We are giving priority to
who currently have dates planned who
wish to postpone to later in the calendar or into next
year. There are a few Saturday dates still available in
2020, and many Friday or Sunday dates. With this in mind we
have come up with guidelines to help in your planning.
a minimum we expect the statewide restaurant closure will run through
April and quite likely through May. Whether it goes further will be apparent if the
state sees any sign that the outbreak is leveling off. We
encourage anyone with an event scheduled through the end of May to move
to an alternate date. Our wedding dates page is now up to date. Keep in mind that any open date listed may
be taken even if it listed as available as we will likely be in contact
with other couples over the course of each day. We will try
to be sure the page is updated by the beginning of each day over the
next few weeks as dates are selected.
|Any deposits or payments already made will be applied to your new date. Our policy remains that all deposits and advance payments are non-refundable but will be applied to any final bill. Please contact the Castle if you have any questions.|
who moves to a date for 2021 or later will be able to remain at the
pricing that they currently have. We will not charge 2021 prices
for anyone who was orginally booked for 2020.
who changes from a Saturday night to a Friday or Sunday, or to an
off-season night will be able to save the cost that was involved with
in-season or Saturday night room charges.
people may not be certain of their plans at this point or may wish to
wait to see when the current situation will resolve. Others may
be committed to finding a new date right now. We
are giving priority is to currently booked couples who are certain of
their change of plans and are not accepting new bookings until after
April 12, although new couples who are interested may still inquire and
express interest for dates pending rescheduling changes.
For currently booked couples who wait until after April 12 to reschedule their plans we are requesting a small additional deposit, depending on the date selected*. This will help avoid having a couple who is unsure pick a new date while also keeping their options open for either a different date or different plans altogether, as they have no additional investment in a new date. Without that investment it unfairly prevents another couple who is certain of their plans from taking what might be a desired date. The additional small deposit ensures that the couple is commited to their change of date. For receptions originally planned for under 100 guests the additional deposit would be $300. For groups originally planned over 100 guests the deposit would be $500. Of course any deposit falls under our established guidelines and will be applied to your final billing. Please contact the Castle if you have any questions.
understandable that a couple may change plans altogether.
While all deposits remain non-refundable they may be
transferrable. If you have a friend or relative looking for
a wedding venue and they wish to personally buy out your deposit they
may do that. This would be subject to some conditions but no
additional fees. You can sell the date privately for any
amount you agree to with the other party and we will allow the full
amount of any payments already made to be used by that couple.
This option will be available to any transfer made through November 1,
2021 for a new booking (someone who has not yet been in touch with us
for wedding planning). If you are interested in this option
please contact the Castle for details. Once the original
date of your reception has passed the option will not be available to
|Over the years we have seen a growth in off-season weddings. The Castle is beautiful under a blanket of snow with a fire burning in the fireplace. A winter honeymoon or Anniversary can be a blessing when it's cold outside and the occasion is a great reason to travel to warmer climates to celebrate! For couples with a reception over 100 people who move to a winter date we will offer a 10% discount on food and beverages. This past year was the mildest winter we've seen! Grab a date now!|